Re: Staffing in the rad safety program

George Xu:

If you find a way to convince administrators to increase staffing for your rad
safety program (or to at least replace retiring staffers) you could let us all
know. Three years ago our old RSO retired. The assistant RSO (me) was promoted
to RSO, but the assistant position was never replaced. Every year we request it
at budget time, but so far we've had no luck. Last year the NRC inspector
looked around and said "looks like you need some help." I said, "put that in
writing!" It still didn't work.

Obviously, this has been my opinion, and does not reflect the opinion of the
University of Wyoming.

Jim Herrold