The opinions and material above are solely those of the author.
This is a disclaimer for postings to bulletin boards, news
groups, etc., on the internet.
*** Forwarding note from RADSAFE --INTERNET 04/19/95 09:04 ***
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 95 11:02:37 -0500
Sender: radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu

I  am a new member of this list serv and was referred here from the safety
net due to the nature of my request.  I hope there are readers here that
are willing to help.

I have been tasked with conducting a conceptual design plan with ultimate
decontamination and decommissioning of two faciliites.  The tough portion
for me are two areas with Plutonium contamination.  One area is a shop wih
exhaust hoods and system (this area has PU and fission product
contamination), the other area is a very large (walk-in type) glovebox.
The concept is to either isolate or decon to eliminate contamination
migration from the areas prior to actual D&D.  They also want to shutdown
all exhaust fans to these areas.  I would like to develope a couple of
alternatives for this project to present to the customer.

The problem is I am not sure where to start in developing this plan.  I
understand that I need to have more information like levels of
contamination, a RadCon survey of the areas to determine hot spots, HVAC
supply levels, etc.
Any information that can be supplied will be greatly appreciated.  If
possible a sample plan, questions I need answered, feasibility of shutting
down the HVAC and isolation, etc.

Please respond to me directly unless you think the rest of the netters
would be interested.

Thanks for the help and support
Kirk Russell
krr@if.scientech.com