Re: D&D for Plutonium Areas

>>I've been in Radiation Protection for 14 years as a civil servant and it
>>always amazes me that private consultants are paid to do jobs that they
>>know little about and end up getting the information for free from those
>>of us who know.  Either we think what we know is more complicated then it
>>really is or  else somebody is getting paid for giving advice that they
>>perhaps are not in a position to be giving. Kirk, wouldn't you be better
>>off hiring one of these radiation experts?  Now I may have entirely missed
>>it - that's easy to do using email.  Are you "qualified" to handle this
>>part of the job?No flame intended

I am very glad to see that I wasn't the only one thinking this same thing -
I just didn't want to start a flap about it.

Actually I was contrasting this in my mind to the advertising issue that
recently came up here.

Now personnally I don't mind advertising - or even junk mail - though I
realize many are totally offended by this.  But I am offended by mercenaries
(consultants) seeking free information/help from a forum such as this and
then selling it!!  I say this as a part time consultant myself - BUT I don't
solicit free help and then sell it!

Personnally I think all the arguments about why it is not appropriate for
this system to carry ads equally apply to seeking free help to resell!

NOW - if the consulting organization instead was soliciting services of the
experts - as you suggest - then that would be like a job offering - which
CAN be carried here.

Just one subscribers opinion.