Medical Response to Reactor Accident

I am the US Air Force Health Physics consultant in Europe, and
I recently received the following questions from a former
Soviet block country through our "mil-to-mil" assistance
program:

>They asked:

> 1) do we have a method for calculating casualties from a
>nuclear power plant accident?

> 2) do we have a method for projecting medical materiel needed
>to treat nuclear casualties?

I request any information that radsafers may have concerning the
above questions.  I am particularly interested in technical
studies or references that may address the questions (similar
to the WASH-1400 study).

I understand that the basic problems in comparing US LWRs with
Russian type reactors, but the methodologies may be applicable.
I believe the "power plant accident" which they refer to is in
preparation for another Chernobyl type accident.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Daniel F. Caputo, Capt
caputo@semboa.mednet.af.mil