--------------------------------------
Date: 5/3/95 12:32 PM
To: GORDON MILLER
From: radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu
All,

CMU is installing a wireless networking infrustructure for
laptop/notebook computers throughout the campus.  Radiation Safety has
been asked to provide information concerning health and safety impacts.

The product to be used is the "WaveLan" brand from AT&T and uses the FCC
approved, direct sequence, spread spectrum radios operating in the
902-928 MHz band at a power level of less than 1 watt, typically 250mW.
The radios comply with Part 15 of the FCC rules and utilize an
omni-directional antenna with a range coverage in the following settings:

open office - 800 ft
semi-open office - 200 ft
closed office - 105 ft

My background is not of this nature and basically don't know where to
start.  Since I am a one man radsafety department, I've been tagged.

Could somebody please get me started in the right direction.

much appreciated

denny
rso
CMU