Re: Rad Safety Department Size

>Montana State University has a Broad Scope (Type A) license.  We have 250
>users in
>44 labs.  Staff consists of one full-time HP, and one part-time student.
>That's up from one part-time P-chem professor in 1993 (NRC demanded an
>upgrade in staffing).
>If you've got an opportunity for additional staff, grab it!!!

I've gone and lost the original posting, so I've quoted Erick's to provide
continuity.

At Colorado College, we have nine licensed users (of which about 4 are even
close to active), in a total of three designated "hot" labs.  We hold a
specific license from the Colorado Department of Health, largely because of
our stock of plutonium sources.

Our staff (heh) consists of me, the EH&S Manager, and I focus on radioactive
materials mgt when the topic comes up, and every six months (inventory and
leak test).  Probably about 80 hours a year, but I could do a better job
with more time devoted to it.

This probably doesn't help much, but I thought I'd throw it in anyway...

John

*John DeLaHunt, EH&S      * 1125 Glen Avenue          *
*The Colorado College     * Colorado Springs, CO 80905*
*jdelahunt@cc.colorado.edu* VOX:  (719)389-6678       *
*        Owner:           * FAX:  (719)635-3177       *
*hazmat-l@cc.colorado.edu *                           *
***********This message is hereby disclaimed***********