Re: Safety Bulletin Boards

Re the following:

> Last week there was an announcement of a Safety  related
> list of internet addresses.  One of our personnel downloaded
> the list of addresses from the net, and later found the
> STEALTH B virus on her machine.
>  This does not assure that the bulletin board was the source,
> but please be careful and use virus protection when
> downloading.  If anyone else finds the virus, please alert the
> bulletinboard that it  may be there.

Assuming this is refering to the Safety Related Internet Resources
list which appears on the CCOHS and Christie Communications' web
pages and on the Vermont SIRI gopher, please note that the list is a
text based list and NOT an executable file.  Therefore it is
extremely unlikely to be the source of a virus.  However it is still
a good idea to:
   a) be careful about downloading
   b) virus check executable files
   c) inform the originating source of any anomalies (ASAP please -
       no one wants to be a virus source)

Carolla Christie
carolla@mrg.sas.ab.ca