Biodegradable LSC Cocktail

     We are looking for a "biodegradable" liquid scintillation
cocktail that can pass the Acute Aquatic 96-Hour Test as defined in
_Standard Methods_ with an LC-50 of greater than 500 mg/L.  We have
tested "Econosafe" from RPI and it failed.  This means that we
cannot dispose of Econosafe down the drain even if it contains no
man-made radioactive materials at all.  We do not look forward to
testing a dozen or more LSC cocktails that claim to be
environmentally safe at a cost of $500+ per test if somebody else
has already done so.  Has anybody?

     Thanks for your help.

Bill Nabor
UCI EH&S Office