Dosimeter Location

HELP!!  I am caught in an existential loop.  I have been going around and
then some regarding wearing of personal dosimeters in radiologic locales.  I
have no trouble with film badge (or TLD) on collar outside leaded apron.

I need policy (in writing) for the location of said dosimeter when a thyroid
shield is worn.  I have always instructed to wear UNDER the thyroid shield,
but I cannot find anything IN WRITING one way or the other.  Does anyone out
here have definitive answer and documentation as to correct location.

Thanks in advance as usual.

richard

kayrs@peak.org
http://www.peak.org/~kayrs/
Richard Kay, MSc, RT(R)

             KNOWLEDGE IS THE FIRST PREREQUISITE IN RADIATION SAFETY 8^)