Date: Wed, 08 Nov 1995 12:34:14 +0200 (IST)
 From: Dr Yosi Riback <occup01@post.tau.ac.il>
Subject: OEM: Occupational cancer
Sender: owner-occ-env-med-l@list.mc.duke.edu

We have a patient who was treated for Hodgkin's disease and now one year
after treatment with chemotherapy and radiotherapy and remains in
complete remission. She is applying for a job as a radiology technision.
We have a few questions.
1. Can a patient with a cancer without evidence of an exposure to known
or suspected carcinogens be employed in a job with exposure to known
carcinogens?, suspected carcinogens?, probable carcinogens?
2. Can a patient with a cancer with evidence of a prior exposure to known
or suspected carcinogens be employed in a job as in question 1? Also
please consider if the exposure to to the same or different carcinogens.
3. Can a patient with a cancer be allowed to work with exposure to a
substance which may cause immune suppression? (lead?, biological engineering
workers?)
Thank you for your responses,

Judith Shaham MD
Head of the Occupational Cancer Unit