Re: ?? Webster Formula

>Someone told me about a formula called the "Webster Formula" which
>is used to equate TEDE or whole body radiation dose to that
>received by a dosimeter worn on the outside of a lead apron at
>collar level while performing fluoroscopy.  He thought he had seen
>it referred to in an old HP new letter.

The Webster Dose is a TEDE dose based on the readings of two dosimeters.
One usually worn at the neck level and the other worn at the level of the
waist (under a leaded apron usually).

You multiply the reading the of waist by 1.5

Then multiply the reading of the neck by 0.04

i.e.  a reading of 350 mRem at the neck   x   0.04    =    14 mRem
      a reading of  16 mRem at the waist  x   1.5     =    24 mRem

for a TEDE of 38 mRem

kayrs@peak.org
http://www.peak.org/~kayrs/
(503) 754-0536
fax (503) 754-6404
as of 11-5-95 the area code chages to (541)
Richard Kay, MSc, RT(R)

            KNOWLEDGE IS THE FIRST PREREQUISITE IN RADIATION SAFETY!     8^)