Re: shielding contaminants

By far the major background gamma component on our Gamma Spectrometer here in the Safety Office of the
University of Bristol is the K-40  1.46 MeV gamma.  We are in an area of quite low U and Th and these may be much
more important for you.  I anticipate that you would probably find considerable K-40 in concrete.

David Walland
University of Bristol (UK)
David.Walland@bristol.ac.uk