Subject: Re: furlough
Author:  radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu at CCSMTP
Date:    11/16/95 3:55 PM

          The government furlough is hard enough to endure and one
          would expect comments like those I have seen posted on
          radsafe to appear on "hate" radio talk shows.

          The furlough is a political game, and federal workers are
          being used as pawns.  I do not think radsafe is a forum to
          make such comments as those that I have seen recently and
          especially from someone as well respected (or was well
          respected by me) as Dr. Vetter.

          I believe that radsafe should stick to what it does best -
          serve as a forum for radiological information exchange, not
          as a forum for "bashing" federal workers.  I am really ashamed
          to be part of such a community!

          Stuart M. Altman
          U.S. Department of Energy
          Defesne Programs (DP-34)