Re: Re[2]: furlough

>     Yes, the furlough is hard on those involved. I don't really believe
>     any of the comments have been serious or "hate" based, do you??? I
>     don't think a little humor harms anyone. If this furlough goes like
>     all the ones in the past, Congress will vote to pay every furloughed
>     worker back pay for the time they were off. I could certainly use some
>     more paid vacation, even with some added stress.
>
>     Steve Rima, CHP
>     sdrima@sandia.gov

True to a point, but.. it overlooks the schedule requirements of our
employers and the regulations. As a Dosimetry Group Leader, a furlough may
give me days off, and the politicians may grant me back pay, but they won't
push back January 1, or make my readers run faster to make up the lost time
for end-of-year changes. Time lost in the budget debate is not retrievable
for later use. "Pay me now or pay me later."

Bob Flood
Unless otherwise noted, all opinions are mine alone.
(415) 926-3793
bflood@slac.stanford.edu