Re: ??tritium in ice in freezer

	Here at the University of Colorado, we check freezer frost
	levels in every freezer containing tritium every six months.
	We NOTIFY anyone if the frost is above background.  If it is
	above 1,000 dpm/ml, we RECOMMEND defrosting.  If it is above
	100,000 dpm/ml, we REQUIRE defrosting and resurvey the freezer
	a week later to be sure the levels are down.

	As far as sources go, maybe try NCRP report 62, Tritium in the
	environment.  There's probably other similar reports out there
	as well.

	Margaret Ashton
	University of Colorado,Boulder
	ashtonm@spot.Colorado,EDU