 Date: Thu, 14 Dec 95 11:28:35 -0600
 Sender: radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu
 From: "James Ogden"  <JOGDEN@brc1.tdh.state.tx.us>
 To: Multiple recipients of list <radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu>
 Subject:      Laser Regulatory Program

 Christmas Greetings Radsafer's:

 We in Texas are looking to establish a complete regulatory program
 for our lasers registered in the State.  This program will encompass
 medical, academic, research, industrial and entertainment lasers.

 Looking for someone who has such a program or can give some details
 as to types of equipment and sources of supply for basic equipment
 necessary to test compliance of the various laser systems in the
 field.

 Currently, plans call for the following equipment (still looking for
 suppliers - know any?):

 1) a high speed, trigger sweep osiliscope, with minimum 100 mHz band
 width, dual trace.

 2) a frequency counter, and

 3)  a colormeteric detector, 1-100 watts/average power, self
 calibrated.

 Any ideas, or suggestions would be appreciated.  Also do any
 RADSAFERs have or know of sources of supply for the equipment
 described?

 Thanks,

 James H. Ogden, Jr., Deputy Director
 X-Ray and Non-ionizing Enforcement