Web access to Federal Register

 Melisa and fellow RADSAFERS:

 We no longer have to wait for the paper copy of the Federal Register to wend
 its way to us from Washington, D.C. To quote from the flyleaf of the Federal
 Register (paper version):

 "The Federal Register is published in paper, 24x microfiche and as an online
 database through GPO Access... The online database is updated by 6 a.m. each
 day the Federal Register is published. The database includes both text and
 graphics from Volume 59, Number 1 (January 2, 1994) forward. Free public
 access is available on a Wide Area Information Server (WAIS) through the
 Internet and via asynchronous dial in. Internet users can access the database
 by using the World Wide Web; the Superintendent of Documents home page address
 is http://www.access.gpo.gov/su_docs/, by using local WAIS client software, or
 by telnet to swais.access.gpo.gov, then login as guest, (no password
 required). Dial-in users should use communications software and modem to call
 (202) 512-1661; type swais, then login as guest (no password required)."

 I've used GPO Access through the Web to search the Federal Register,
 and it works fairly well.  It can be a little tedious, but you get same day
 access, and its FREE.

 Bruce Pickett
 The Boeing Company
 Seattle, WA
 shea136@kgv2.bems.boeing.com

 "I can make you feel, but I can't make you think"
                                                  - Jethro Tull