Subject: Lead Aprons
Author:  radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu at ~GW1
Date:    1/15/96 10:31 AM

Lead aprons used in Radiology are inspected annually. What are the
recommendations for action if a hole is found in the apron when inspected
under fluoroscopy? (this hole is less than 0.1 mm in diameter).

If one says that the hole is so small as to be of negligible effect, then how
large must a hole be to warrant action?

Thanks for your help,

Franz St. George