Re: radsafe partitioning

In <199603221536.KAA237950@holmes.acc.Virginia.EDU>, on 03/22/96 at 09:42 AM,
   Alan  Aqualino <aa2h@holmes.acc.Virginia.EDU> said:

>Maybe it's time to survey how many recipients also have access to usenet...
>A mailing list wastes more client diskspace, and IMO is clumsier to read.
>When this group began, way more people had access to email than to usenet
>newsgroups - but given how quickly the net has become a part of common
>culture, I'd bet that the vast majority of users now have access to usenet
>now.
>        If radsafe becomes a newsgroup, most newsreaders allow
>the reader to group by topic.
>        Moving radsafe to a newsgroup would certainly allow me to read more
>efficiently - but then, I have usenet access.  How
>about a survey?

Not a survey in RADSAFE, please.

A newsgroup, unless a moderated newsgroup, would be far more public and less
easy to control.  I suspect a lot of people would be less comfortable posting
knowing that anyone and everyone could come in and casually read any post.

--
 Melissa Woo, Health Physicist                       | m-woo@uiuc.edu
 University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign          | office 1.217.244.7233