Re: Pilot and Haz-Mat Lisencing

Robert,

Before you decide to move NM you might want to take a look at the new DOT
Regs HM169A mandatory compliance in 1997, expensive Radioactive Protection
Programs, changes in A1A2 values, LSA etc. etc. etc.

Many different sites are requesting DOT to re-look at the new requirements,
but we do not know at this time what will happen.

If the Rad Protection Program requirements stay at 200TI total sites per
year, many of the trucking and airline carriers will stop carrying
Radioactive.  The effects of this ruling if it is not changed will be wide
spread and devastating.  I work on a program that deals with Colleges and
Universities.  A shipment that today cost $200 will jump to $2,000.  And
you can imagine what will happen to the Health community if Medical
Isotopes are no longer shipped.

Sherry W. Jones
Los Alamos National Laboratory
P. O. Box 1663, MS E524