Limiting access

Mack Richard's note raises several important issues:
1. citations that are based on very original (some
might say tenuous) interpretations of the rules (of
which I have seen several).  I will leave this topic
for some other soul to explore.

2. Interpretation of the english language.  The words
'limiting' and 'control' seem lately to be subject to
much revision.  The Q&A's on Controlled Area turned on
very restrictive interpretations of these words.
Clearly in the past NRC accepted controls like posting
accompanied by appropriate programmatic elements (i.e.,
administrative procedures) as adequate control.  It
would appear that we are having a shift in the meaning
of the rules without changing any words in the rules.
Does this sound familiar?

My personal, paranoid opinion.
slaback@MICF.NIST.gov