Re: Use of Bag Monitors for 'Free' Release

Larry,
Many Nuclear power plants use gamma detecting bag monitors for free release.
If you have a process stream that would allow pure alpha or beta emmitters
without a gamma emmitter as the limiting isotope they may not be appropriate
in your situation.  Also you need to look at the gamma energy in your
process stream and determine is the detector efficiency vs energy response
sufficient to detect the minimum detectable release activity per unit weight
you are trying to release in the most limiting geometry/shielding configuration.
Since I'm temporarily unemployed I don't have to disclaim anything.  Good Luck,

Doug Turner  Email turners@ earthlink.net