Re: Permanent Shielding

Paul,

While I was the RPM at Oyster Creek we had Enineering per-approve shielding
on pipes .  Some of the variables were the diameter and thickness of the
pipe, the space between hangers, and of course the weight.  HP engineering
logged and tracked the installation and verified the sheelding hadn't moved
with a tape that was secured between the pipe and the lead.  The log was
transmitted to corporate engineering for information periodically (quarterly?).

When I started with SCE in 1989 they had a similar problem, and modified
Oyster Creeks procedure.  I would expect both facilities to share their
procedures with you upon request. This was a BIG money saver in engineering
time, reviewer's time, project complexity, etc.

Those applications outside the canned parameters still need individual
analysis for stress loading but they are few and far between.

Good Luck, Doug Turner Email turners@ earthlink.net