Subject: THORIUM MANTLES
From:    radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu at smtpgate
Date:    5/13/96  4:55 PM

I believe that the COLEMAN brand lantern mantles no longer contain thorium.
I bought several of them for demonstration purposes two years ago and
discovered that they weren't hot.  Another brand that was imported from India
did still contain thorium.

Chris Hogan
Occupational Health and Safety
chogan@colan.uams.edu

My opinion only, standard disclaimers apply.