Re: X-Ray Machine Shielding Software?

Bruce Pickett wrote:

>  Two weeks ago, I asked a question on RADSAFE for a colleague: is there any
>  software available to calculate shielding for x-ray machines, based on
>  ANSI N43.3-1993 (and NCRP 49) methodology. I have received no answers to
>  this question. If anyone knows of any such software, please let me know.

There is a program by Simpkins called KUX.  It can be downloaded from the HP Homepage
(Bruce Busby's great web site) although I am not sure that the program there is the
most recent version.  This program also accounts for 3 phase x-ray machines, something
NCRP 49 does NOT do, resulting in underestimation of shielding requirements, or at least
less conservative shielding requirements.

--
Kent Lambert, CHP
lambert@hal.hahnemann.edu

All opinions are well reasoned and insightful.
Needless to say, they are not [necessarily] the
opinions of my employer. - paraphrased from Michael Feldman