Re: FiestaWare -Reply

Mark Winslow (among others) stated:

>The primary radioactive contributor to fiestaware is uranium.
>The uranium is a component of the glaze which gives it the bright orange
color.

Could all you guys be wrong about the glaze?  I was in a class a couple
weeks ago, and the instructor was firmly of the opinion that the uranium in
Fiestaware is a natural component of the CLAY, not necessarily the GLAZE.

Albert Lee Vest           The Ohio State University
Health Physicist           Room 101 Research Center
(614)292-1284                     1314 Kinnear Road
vest.1@osu.edu               Columbus OH 43212-1168
My employer did not review or approve this message.