Re: FiestaWare -Reply

>Could all you guys be wrong about the glaze?  I was in a class a couple
>weeks ago, and the instructor was firmly of the opinion that the uranium in
>Fiestaware is a natural component of the CLAY, not necessarily the GLAZE.

When I visited the Trinity site a few weeks ago, there were some
people demonstrating radioactive consumer products.  They were
also saying that the uranium was in the clay.  However, if the
U is in the clay, why can I read alphas coming off our fiesta
ware?  The glaze would stop them.

Isaac Kunz
kunzi@fc.dna.mil