Re: Stirring the pot

>Well the HPS meeting is only ten days away and it is time to ask the
>emotionally charged question.
>
>        Will the name tags indicate whether the wearer is ABHP certified?
>
>Last year this thread generated alot of heat and I couldn't resist throwing
>some gasoline on the fire.

I am reminded of an old Peanuts comic strip that ends with a picture of
Lucy/Linus/CharlieBrown/Others on the pitcher's mound embroiled in a ball of
fighting (as only a cartoon can) with Snoopy off to the right, looking
skyward with a slight grin and thinking "I love a good rhubarb."

BTW, I am not Certified (but probably certifiable), and I would not be
offended in the least if CHPs worn lapel pins to that effect. I have been
known to wear a Sigma Pi Sigma lapel pin and don't think it cause for
resentment.

Bob Flood
Stanford Linear Accelerator Center
(415) 926-3793     bflood@slac.stanford.edu
Unless otherwise noted, all opinions are mine alone.