BIG 10 INFO

Hi Folks,

If you require registration materials or have questions about this
Sending email to dale or me directly is a waste since we both get so
much that your important message may get lost.

Sorry that info on the Big 10 RSO meeting has been so slow in coming.
An initial packet with registration materials was sent out Friday, July 19,
1996.  We hope to mail out another packet with more detailed info sometime
next week.  This will contain campus & city maps, transportation information,
etc.  Vendors will receive information on exhibit space.

For those of you who did not receive the initial mailing the conference dates
are Monday September 23 through Wednesday September 25.  The Wednesday session
will only go through noon.

A block of rooms has been reserved at a local hotel, the
Ramada Inn Lakeshore, 4900 South Lake Shore Drive (312) 288 5800.  THE BLOCK
ON THESE ROOMS WILL EXPIRE NEXT WEEK, so make reservations promptly if you
want to stay at the Ramada.  The Ramada is right on the lake about 8 blocks
north and 8 blocks east of campus.  I believe that they operate a shuttle
bus between the hotel and campus.

Another possible accomodation on the U of C campus is the
University's International House.  These are single
dormitory rooms which share a bath down the hall.  Rooms at International
House are $34.50 per night and may be reserved by calling Joyce Penner at
(312) 753-2280.  While these accomodations will be fairly spartan, they
are cheap and just a short walk from campus.
If you choose to stay at a downtown hotel, there are a couple of
excellent and speedy ways of reaching campus by public transportation:
the METRA commuter rail to 57th street and the CTA's Jeffrey express bus.
Information on these will be included in the next mailing.

Hope this helps those of you who have been posting to RADSAFE.
Please direct any requests for material or information to the email
address above.  Do not post requests to RADSAFE, because I don't have
time to read RADSAFE these days.

Don Jordan                          Tel. (312) 702-6299
Office of Radiation Safety          Fax        702-4008
The University of Chicago           email: don@radpro.uchicago.edu
1101 East 57th Street, Room 11
Chicago, Illinois  60637
                -- Any opinions are the author's --