Re: Text Books for Jr. and Hi. School Teachers and Libraries

Radsafers:

>Radiation and Radioactivity, on Earth and Beyond; Draganic,
>Draganic and Adloff, CRC Press, 1990.  A really unique view of
>radioactivity on a cosmic scale.  I have a paperback, but I'd bet
>CRC Press sells hardbacks as well.

Yes, this is available in hardback - I think mine's a '94 edition. Another
"overview" type of reference:

Closing the Circle on the Splitting of the Atom; US Department of
Energy Office/Center of Environmental Management Information, Second Printing
January 1996.  Diluted DOE propaganda - though it's pretty well done. The
subtitle is
"The Environmental Legacy of Nuclear Weapons Production in the United States
and What the Department of Energy is Doing About it."

For information on obtaining copies call or write:

Center for Environmental Management Information
U.S. Department of Energy
P.O. Box 23769
Washington, DC 20026-3769
1-800-736-3282

Bon appétit!, here's to you!, here's mud in your eye!, bottoms up!, down the
hatch!, slàinte!, prosit!, skol!, cheers!

-Erick Lindstrom

 Erick Lindstrom
 Radiation Safety Officer
 309 Montana Hall