RE: Where to find RADDECAY

Jim Dukelow wrote ---
 ----------
From: js_dukelow@ccmail.pnl.gov
To: radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu
Subject: Where to find RADDECAY
Date: Thursday, August 22, 1996 4:28PM

RADSAFErs:

There have been some requests for the addresses of Web pages or ftp sites
from which RADDECAY can be downloaded.  I'll pass along what I know.

RADDECAY 2.01 can be found on
  1)  the Walnut Creek CDROM _Scientific and Technical Library CDROM_
  2)  Bruce Busby's Radiation Protection Home Page at
        http://www.umich.edu/~bbusby/
  3)  the Software via the Internet Web Page at
        http://nucmed.jr2.ox.ac.uk/soft.html  (this site was pretty slow)

I am using RADDECAY 2.02, but don't recall where I got it.

The Radiation Shielding Information Center (RSIC) at ORNL is currently
distributing RADDECAY 4.02, which would appear to be significantly upgraded
from ver. 2.0x.  The ver. 4.02 code abstract is available from
        http://epicws.epm.ornl.gov/codes/dlc/dlc-134.html

General information about RSIC, including how to order software, can be
found at         http://epicws.epm.ornl.gov/rsic.html

For those without Web access, RSIC can be reached by email to pdc@ornl.gov
or to Bernadette Kirk at blk@ornl.gov or by calling (423) 574-6176.

Grove Engineering, the original developer of RADDECAY, has released ver. 1.0
for Windows, which is based on ver. 5.02 for DOS.  This version appears to
have improvements in the areas I complained about in my original posting
describing ver. 2.02.  Grove can reached at (301) 258-
2727 or by fax at (301) 330-5462.

I am assuming, without actually knowing, that there is some sort of service
charge for obtaining ver. 4.02 from RSIC and that ver. 5.02 for DOS and 1.0
for Windows are being sold as proprietary software by Grove Engineering.

I dug up a lot of this information by using the Alta Vista Web Search Engine
at
        http://altavista.digital.com/
to search the Web for the strings "RADDECAY" and "RSIC".

Best regards.

Jim Dukelow
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
Richland, WA

js_dukelow@pnl.gov

The exact location for the RadDecay ver. 4.02 code abstract at RSIC is
     http://epicws.epm.ornl.gov:80/codes/dlc/dlc1/dlc-134.html

Regards,
Gary Caines
Honeywell, Inc.