Re: Dose rate in outerspace?

You might want to try the following URL:

 http://medlib.jsc.nasa.gov/intro/radiation.html

earth orbit occurs during passage throught eh South Atlantic Anomoly (SAA).
In a loose sense there is an anomaly in the Northern Hemisphere, because
while the inner belt is closest to the surface above the South Atlantic,
it's consequently farthest away from the surface above the North Pacific.

At 01:38 PM 9/22/96 -0500, you wrote:

>This question goes out to anyone who knows more than me.  (Which is probably
>all 1550 list subscribers)  I am curious about Shannon Lucid, the
>astronaut-scientist.  She has been in orbit around terra firma aboard the
>Russian Mir space station, for what will be a record setting 188 day flight.
>I do not have any information at my finger tips for dose rates in space.
>Please do not spend hundreds of hours researching this for me as the
>information is only requested for personal knowledge quenching.  Paul, you
>needn't spend your time on this.
>							Thank-You
>							Jeff Hoffman
>
>Newport, Mi USA
>HoffmanJ@DetroitEdison.Com
>1 (313) 586-1620

Tad  Blanchard              /__ \ /___\    NASA-Goddard Space Flt Ctr
Nat'l Health Svc, Inc            O             Greenbelt, Maryland
Sr Health Physics Tech          / \            Phone: 301-286-9157
                               /___\
                  Tad.M.Blanchard.1@GSFC.NASA.gov