Re: Fear of Radiation

While I have not done an analysis of the following theme myself, I would
recommend that the following be evaluated statistically to provide the type
of numerical information you seek.

1.  Determine, in 5 year intervals beginning with 1945, all of the movies
that have radiation in them.

2.  Count those in which radiation has been beneficial, or none lethal.

3.  Count those in which radiation has been shown as harmful and/or lethal.

4.  Assign the harmful uses a negative value.

5.  Divide the values and plot it out on a bar graph for the last 50 years.

6.  Repeat the process for TV shows, newspaper articles, novels, etc.

7.  Post the results on "radsafe"

Best of luck,
John Jacobus, Health Physicist
NIH, Radiation Safety Branch, Bethesda, MD
john_jacobus@nih.gov
(with the usual disclaimer about this not being the opinion of my employer)