Re: KI Inquiry -Reply

James Mallon wrote:
  We should remain aware of the conservatism of
> this assumption and consider it before planning to stockpile KI for
> distribution post accident.
>
> Just an opinion!

Just so.  I have a feeling (no data yet) that the KI "thing" may be
another ploy by the antis to create fear in the public and make costs go
up for nuclear power some more.  The NRC philosophy has been proved by
experience to be correct.  I (not you) is not released in significant
quantities from American nuclear power plant accidents. I think this
whole discussion is moot for the USA.  Al Tschaeche xat@inel.gov