From: Llewellyn, Phillip L.
To: jeanfran; Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Gamma Radiography
Date:  October 17, 1996 21:24

My question is intended for the RSO who has gamma radiography occurring
at your facility.

What do you do when the radiographers arrive?

Do you ask them if you may see their license and then get back and tell
them to notify you when their through?
Do you get out your copy of 10 CFR 34 and/or state regulations and check
them out line by line?  This slows them down and may cost you money.
Do you participate in the zoning, do surveys and over see the whole
operation?  The deeper you get involved the more liability you assume in
the event of a boundary crossing and potential overexposure.
If you from a nuclear power facility you have ample personnel to monitor
radiography but when your radiation safety staff is  2-3 people, what do
you do?  How involved do you get?

Phillip Llewellyn
plllewellyn@tva.com