Re: NRC Licensing Conditions

Check out 10 CFR 20.2302.  This paragraph allows the commission to place any
condition they think is necessary to protect the health of the public.

Doc Mercer
The opinions expressed are mine and mine alone.

Hello RADSAFERs,

        Thanks for the input about licensing of Americium-241.

        I have another question that I need an answer for.

Does the NRC have the authority to place a CONDITION on a license that is
not directly supported by a specific Federal regulation?

If so, what gives them the authority to do this?

Tad  Blanchard              /__ \ /___\    NASA-Goddard Space Flt Ctr
Nat'l Health Svc, Inc            O             Greenbelt, Maryland
Sr Health Physics Tech          / \            Phone: 301-286-9157
                               /___\           Fax:   301-286-1618
                  Tad.M.Blanchard.1@GSFC.NASA.gov