Re: Linear Hypothesis IS the Cause of P -Reply -Reply

Al Tschaeche wrote on 11/6/96.

"About 25 years ago the anti nuclear people did educate the journalists
by going to the journalist schools and spreading their propaganda.  We
see the result.  It would be a good thing for our side if we were to do
that.  But such work takes money.  Who will pay to educate the
journalists to our way of thinking?  Al Tschaeche xat@inel.gov"

Now that we know the result of the elections we can count on more
anti-nuclear rhetoric from our own government.  We can also count on
less money for pro-nuclear education programs (i.e. university reactor
sharing grants).  For the next few years (decades) if we want to
educate the public and journalists we will have to do so on a mostly
voluntary basis.

I often go to public schools to give presentations.  In the few months I
have been to several proposition 3 (an Idaho anti-nuclear initiative)
debates to support the pro-nuclear position.  When the public is exposed
to the truth, they usually respond favorably.

Let's not bemoan the fact that no one is going to pay to educate the
public.  Let's just get out and do it.