Re: Linear Hypothesis IS the Cause of P -Reply -Reply

Bob Boston wrote:

> Let's not bemoan the fact that no one is going to pay to educate the
> public.  Let's just get out and do it.

I did not intend my statement to "bemoan the fact that no one is going
to pay to educate the public."  What I meant to say was: the antis paid
a lot to "educate" the journalists 25 years ago.  Someone, NEI perhaps,
should do the same thing now to "educate" the journalists, not the
public, to our way of thinking.  I, too, educate the public at every
opportunity, in schools, by writing letters to the editor, my elected
representatives, talking to friends, the rotary, etc.  But, we need a
concerted effort to get at the budding journalists in their schools.
That takes money.

You are right about the lack of federal support for things nuclear in
the next 4 years.  Whoever Clinton appoints to replace O'Leary will be
worse for us than she was, I fear.  But enough of this - back to radsafe
topics.  Al Tschaeche xat@inel.gov