Re: Risk-based reasoning in public policy

ERIC GOLDIN wrote:

>      I agree with Pete Darnell's comments.  However if you want to see
>      just how far you need to go or want to find out where those vocal
>      minorities stand, take a look at the opposing points of view:
>      While surfing the net recently, my wife came across the website
>      below.  All our debates about LNTH and adequate safety standards
>      for workers and the public, pale in comparison to the
>      misrepresentation and outright fabrication that we face.
>
>      See:  http://www.ratical.com/radiation/
>
>      There is an amazing network of this type of material.
>      Disclaimed of course
>      Eric Goldin
>      goldinem@songs.sce.com

I took a look at the link given above, and found it very interesting.
But, I'm not sure that the people who are supporting that type of
organization are reachable.  I think that we need to be speaking to the
young and the middle-of-the-roaders.

As a result of some searching, I found the following site:
http//www.nirs.org

This site is the home for the Nuclear Information and Resource Service,
an ostensible anti-nuc. org.  They have a link called: NIRS WebBoard
which allows you to conference on a variety of topics.  Of particular
interest is the "Conference" called Activist/Industry Forum.  I noted
that several RADSAFERs all already a part of this, adding their side to
the issues.

I would recommend that RADSAFERs check this site out, subscribe to the
NIRS WebBoard, and present the objective side on the issues at hand.
--
Bates Estabrooks
Westinghouse Elec. Corp

besta@tis.eh.doe.gov