Housing versus Radon Issues Again

     Dear subscribers:

     My understanding on the issue(s) is that the studies did not take into
     account exposure to silica, radioactive and non-radioactive
     respirable/inhalable dusts or other possible airborne chemicals
     generated by the mining activities.

     I am hoping that at least one of you know if my impression is correct
     or would be so kind as to provide me with the name and address or
     someone who might be able to clarify this issue for me.

     I am aware that quartz and cristobalite (common forms of crystalline
     silica) have recently been classified as known human carcinogens, and
     that crystalline silica is quite apt to be found in areas where
     uranium ore is located.  I also do not know exactly which methods were
     used for mining uranium at the time.  Is it possible that internal
     combustion diesel fueled equipment was used in the mines?

     Please note that I am NOT trying to inflame anyone, or myself for that
     matter, I am merely seeking further understanding on the Rn vs housing
     issue and would greatly appreciate any enlightenment which you or your
     cohorts might provide.

                                Sincerely,
                                Stephen Meith

     US Army Corps of Engineers