Hydraulic Control Units (HCU'S)

     Bob,
     HCU is an acronym for Hydraulic Control Unit.  This system is used for
     the insertion of Control Rods into the reactor.  The Control Units are
     charged with Nitrogen to 1150psig.  During the charging procedure, the
     Operator is required to remove a nitrogen charging cap to allow
     venting from the HCU System.  When this cap is removed a spray of
     contaminated water is sometimes encountered.  We are looking for a
     system to contain this water, as to not contaminate the worker and the
     general area.  At the present time, the operator uses a rag to contain
     the water, but this practice is not exceptable.  I have never
     personally observed this procedure, but plan to in the near future.
     Any suggestions would be helpful.

     Thank-You
     Monica Hoelscher
     LaSalle Com-ED Nuclear