Re: melanoma at LLNL?, UV from lights?

Thurman Wenzl wrote, in part:

> My question is: could this be part of the explanation for the building
> to building difference in melanoma at LLNL?  Do those 1966 and 1969
> buildings (pg 528 AJE, vol 145) still have the same light fixtures as
> they had in the 70s?  If so, someone could check if the UV exposures are
> any different.
>
> Thurman Wenzl, ScD CIH
> ..usual disclaimers; these are solely my own thoughts.

Thurman:
I'm a co-author of the LLNL paper. Please contact Dan Moore, the
principal author at <runnerdan@llnl.gov> for details.
To briefly answer your query:
ALL the buildings at LLNL were lit with fluorescent lights, so cases and
controls were exposed alike.
There were no building-to-building differences btween cases and
controls.
As for exposure to fluorescent lights, I wonder if there have been any
studies of go-go dancers. Their exposure must be huge.
--
Wade

mailto:hwade@talltown.com

H.Wade Patterson