Re: skin contamination to skin dose assessment

At 01:58 PM 4/8/97 -0500, you wrote:
>How do you determine dose equivalent to the
>skin from skin contamination?  Is there a rule
>of thumb, such as X dpm is about Y mrem?
>I'm not talking about hot particles or whole
>body irradiation, but a small area say about 100
>cm^2 or less..........
>
>DHARRISON@DOE.LANL.GOV

One of the easiest ways is to use the NRC VARSKIN2
computer code.  I have also seen a good approach
that was in the May/June 1988 RPM, that was prepared
by John Flood, who was at the time with TVA.  The article
was entitled "Practical Methods for Determining Dose