Re: DOE Emergency Preparedness Plans

     I have attached an article (MSWord 7.0) on DOE Emergency
     Classification I wrote for the 1995 Winter NRRPT Newsletter.  This may
     answer some of your questions.  Since the article was written, DOE has
     consolidated the suite of emergency management orders (commonly
     referred to as the 5500 series orders) into one comprehensive order,
     DOE Order 151.1.  Along with the orders, DOE issued several Emergency
     Management Guides on how to implement the order requirements.  These
     guides have been revised and are now in the review and approval
     process.  Copies of the DOE Order (now called directives) can be
     downloaded from the internet at:

     http://www.explorer.doe.gov:1776/htmls/regs/doe/newserieslist.html

     The DRAFT guides can be downloaded at:

     http://www.explorer.doe.gov:1776/htmls/regs/doe/draftserieslist.html

     If you have any questions you can contact me directly or post to the
     server.

     Dennis Hadlock
     Principal Engineer
     dennis.hadlock@srs.gov

     Opinions expressed are mine and not those of the Department of Energy
     or Westinghouse Savannah River Company.

07/29/97