Re: NRC's DandD Software

On August 4, Mike Lewandowski asked:

to locate it on NRC's home page and through FedWorld with no luck. <<<<

...and Dave Brown responded on August 5 with a location for the RESRAD code.

DandD is a code developed by the NRC to implement the models described in
NUREG/CR-5512, "Residual Radioactive Contamination from Decommissioning."
The development of this code and associated parameter values has been designed
to allow its use for screening analyses as well as more site-specific analyses
(though not necessarily site-specific modeling for very complex sites/situations).

The best contact at NRC is Christine Daily, who is the project leader for the
development of this software. Christine works in the Office of Nuclear Regulatory
Research ("Research"). Her e-mail is cxd@nrc.gov.

I'm not aware of any information about DandD that might be available on the internet,
but if there is, Christine would know.

(I have been involved in this work to a limited extent over the past half year. I'm thus
not the best contact, but I try to stay in touch with RADSAFE, and folks may contact
me if desired.)

Duane W. Schmidt, CHP
U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission
Office of Nuclear Material Safety and Safeguards
Division of Waste Management
e-mail: dws2@nrc.gov