Re: Low Doses, Ethics and LNT -Reply

Ron Shepherd said:

> So just a little reminder that sometimes it is good therapy to get outside the box and look at
> ourselves as others see us and always remember

True, very true. Having had the pleasure to deal with the media as
well as governmental officials as part of my former employment in the
nuclear utility business, there are many misconceptions with respect
to radiation and risk. However, I do believe that if we are upfront,
candid and honest in our dealings with the public, a mutual respect
will form, and a rational dialogue can begin. The public is only
interested in their safety. All of us are also members of the
general public, and are also interested in promoting safety.
Therefore, we need to deal on the issues in a logical well-thought
out plan to inform the public in all of our areas. That is the only
way. A dedicated educational blitz that will take many years to see a
trace of breakthrough. Start now, in the schools, and then brach out.

------------------
Sandy Perle
Technical Director
ICN Dosimetry Division