Re: Radioactive substances in consumer products

Dear Franz,

There is an IAEA  Safety Series Document,  on The Code of Practice on
Regulatory Control of Consumer Products Containing Radioactive Substances.
I worked as IAEA consultant in such document,  in the year 1990. I have the
final draft, however, I "lost" de final document.
The table of contents  inform among others' topics:
4. Regulatory Control
5. Exemption principles
6. Application of radiation protection principles to consumer products
7. Requirements for competent authorities
8. Requirements for manufacturers and importers
9. Testing and quality assurance requirements
10. Consumer products labeling requirements
11. Surveillance after exemption or authorization
12. Disposal of products

And three annexes Containing examples, and prototypes test for smoke detector

Probably Patricia can supply the document to you, ask her. Anyhow I will
travel again to Vienna for a mission at IAEA  from 01 to 05, if you are
interest in a copy I will be glad to take with me.

If some of the Radsafer also wish some information connected,  please let me
know. The IAEA Code of Practice on Regulatory Control of Consumer Products
Containing Radioactive Substances consist of 45 pages and a extensive
bibliography.

Regards

J. J. Rozental, <josrozen@netmedia.net.il>
consultant Radiation and Regulation