deregulation

For your consideration.

I just finished listening to an NPR-Ohio news report on the upcomming deregulation
of electric utilities here in the US.  They were pointiung out the potential deluge of
telemarketing and junk mail that will accompany this as companies ask for your
business.  In light of the "environmental" groups pushing solar, hydro (!), and wind
generation as a customer preference  --    How many of us are going to ask if the
calling electric supplier  generates any of their power with  "clean, environmentally
safe nuclear power"?  This should be spelled out in any mailings and available on the
phone.  What kind of carbon tax is the generator passing through to me?  This should
also be included or available.   We have an opportunity to confirm that nuclear power
is valued by some customers.

Zack Clayton
zack.clayton@epa.state.oh.us

These are my ideas and may not represent those of my employer.