Scrap Metal Criteria -Reply

Paul, et al.,

While we may decry the great waste of resources exhibited here, we must wonder
at the unmitigated gall of our colleagues who claim the forsite about human
lifestyles necessary to calculate doses to  people 1,000 years hence.

Historians tell us that 1,000 years ago, essentially all Western learning resided in
the crumbling Arab empire and that the greatest physicist of the time was Alhazen,
who made the astounding discovery that eyesight resulted from reflected light
entering the eyes!  How well do you suppose Alhazen would have done at
describing your lifestyle?

Charlie Willis
caw@nrc.gov