Re: Re[2]: Increased coal use in Canada due to 7 N.P. Plants shu

radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu,Internet writes:
Mr.  Ushino writes:
>Do any of you know where I
>can still get old anti-nuke bumper stickers? I am particularly interested
>in "SPLIT WOOD, NOT ATOM" sticker. I think that most anti-nukes today would
>be embarrassed by the that short-sighted sticker in these days of acid
>rain, greenhouse gas, protecting old growth forests and Amazon Jungle.

Can't help you with the bumper sticker, but I am afraid you've overestimated
the Greens.  They don't have the capacity for embarassment.

The NRDC, the Union of Concerned Scientists and another such group wrote the
definitive document about 'America's Energy Future" the nominal title of the
document.  I recommend reading it.  They propose to abolish all nuclear and
fossil fuel energy sources and, rely on solar, wind, and get this, lots of
biomass---thats wood.  They not only are not embarrassed about the polluting
effects of wood, they promote it.

I might add that these groups are much more influential in energy policy than
the ANS, HPS in Washington D. C. and the states.
Fox
              The American Council on Science and Health
          1995 Broadway, 2nd Floor   New York, NY 10023-5860
                 Tel: 212/362-7044   Fax: 212/362-4919